[Qt-creator] CMake support change in master branch

Tobias Hunger tobias.hunger at gmail.com
Wed Jun 10 16:02:48 CEST 2020

Hi Matthias,

On Wed, Jun 10, 2020 at 1:51 PM Mathias Hasselmann
<mathias at taschenorakel.de> wrote:

> Sure you are not giving in to a vocal minority? I very much liked
> QtCreator's cmake support so far.

Great to hear, thank you for your feedback!

> I'll very much miss the possibility to set CMake options with proper UI
> from within QtCreator.

That is possible and the UI here is unchanged.

> Hopefully support for passing "--target=<Current Executable>" stays?
> Turnaround cycles will become terrible without.

No change here either:-)

You will not notice a change in behaviour till you switch build
directories to something that was not used before. In that case
creator will not try to apply what the kit told it to plus some the
changes you had done via creator (but not via any other tool) to that
new directory in some sequence that may or may not break  your
configuration.

Instead Creator will start from a clean slate using a very clearly
visible set of parameters. That is the part where you will notice
something about the change: There is a new textfield in the project
mode to set these parameters.

I really think this is a way cleaner and simpler to understand approach.

Best Regards,
Tobias