[Qt-creator] Remote debugging with GDB-multiarch not sending command line arguments

Pablo Rogina pablojr at gmail.com
Mon Jun 29 01:18:49 CEST 2020

Hi,

I've configured a kit for Raspberry Pi device, cross-compiled Qt and
setup a run configuration for the app to forward to local display and
use the XCB platform plugin, so I set command line arguments with
-platform xcb and it works fine when I do Run (Ctrl+R). The
application is deployed to the RPi device, and it displays to my host
machine; from Application Output pane:
20:15:50: Starting /home/alarm/addressbook -platform xcb...

However, if I intend to do debugging (F5) using gdb-multiarch
everything starts Ok but the command line arguments from the run
configuration aren't used, from Application Output pane:
20:12:02: Checking available ports...
20:12:02: Found 101 free ports.
20:12:02: Starting gdbserver --multi :10000...
20:12:02: Debugging starts
Listening on port 10000
Remote debugging from host ::ffff:192.168.1.14, port 56890
Process /home/alarm/addressbook created; pid = 638
qt.qpa.xcb: could not connect to display
qt.qpa.plugin: Could not load the Qt platform plugin "xcb" in "" even
though it was found.
This application failed to start because no Qt platform plugin could
be initialized. Reinstalling the application may fix this problem.

Available platform plugins are: eglfs, linuxfb, minimal, minimalegl,
offscreen, vnc, webgl, xcb.

And then I receive a SIGABRT error.

Is it possible to make the debug session use the command line
arguments set in the selected run configuration?

Thanks.

Pablo