[Qt-creator] Stepping down as maintainer of the CMake plugin of Qt Creator

Tobias Hunger Tobias.Hunger at qt.io
Mon Jun 29 16:24:22 CEST 2020

Hello everyone!

I would like to step down as the CMake plugin maintainer in Qt Creator on 1st of August as I will start a new job then and do not expect to have the time necessary to be a good maintainer in the Qt project. Thank you all for the the opportunity to work with so many passionate people and the trust to maintain a plugin!

It would be great to see somebody step up to the task of making CMake easy and convenient to use in Qt Creator! I will be around and am willing to help getting people to settle into the code base -- as I still think this is a very important area for Qt Creator going forward.

The last couple of weeks I spend on streamlining the code (killing two of the three completely different ways for creator to interact with CMake) and to generally simplify the interaction between Qt Creator and CMake. I think this was a major step forward for CMake support in Creator  -- and it removed a lot of code and made things conceptually simpler, so now is a good time to hand over the plugin.

Best Regards,
Tobias

PS: Please consider to test the upcoming Creator release and report issues you find so that I still have a chance to fix them myself:-)

--
Tobias Hunger, Senior Software Engineer | The Qt Company
Geschäftsführer: Mika Pälsi, Juha Varelius, Mika Harjuaho. Sitz der