[Qt-creator] GCC versions support for QTC

Alexis Murzeau amubtdx at gmail.com
Tue Jun 30 19:46:35 CEST 2020

Hi,

Le 30/06/2020 à 09:46, Eike Ziller a écrit :

> (**) I can’t really say why Qt 5 still supports GCC 5.3 on RHEL, though I’d guess that this is the case because Qt 5 needs/wants to be compilable with this anyhow for some embedded platforms

In fact some enterprise still use old machines, like RHEL 6.5 and are
going to upgrade to RHEL 7 just this year.
I agree though that this is really old and painful to work with any
recent stuff on this OS ... but that's an enterprise policy to prefer 5
years old stuff (for stability reason probably).

--
Alexis Murzeau
PGP: B7E6 0EBB 9293 7B06 BDBC  2787 E7BD 1904 F480 937F