[Qt-creator] Tabs vs Spaces?

Bryan Bennetts bryan.bennetts at gmail.com
Fri Mar 6 22:40:29 CET 2020

Hi Jason,

You can use git smudge and clean filters so that local versions appear to
have spaces, but the remote has tabs. Having said that, I've fiddled with
them in the past for formatting they are a little scary IMHO.

Best plan is just to choose a format and get everyone to use it, regardless
of personal preference. 'this is the project format - suck it up.'

As the others have said clang-format is a popular formatter at the moment,
and is quite nicely integrated in QTC.

There are more than a few pre and post commit hooks out out on the Web to
auto clang format to the configuration in the root of the project
directory, the only shortfall I've seen in some is that they fail to format
the working version at the same time so the dev will see a difference
between the working version and the committed version that they might not
anticipate.

HTH, B.