[Qt-creator] Signals from EditorManager

Vidhya Arun svidhyapria at gmail.com
Tue Mar 17 12:47:43 CET 2020

Hello All

Greetings !!

I am looking for some signals in EditorManager that notifies me whenever I
change a text in the editor. Currently I use ‘currentEditorChanged’ and
‘aboutToSave’. But these get emitted only when I open a new document in
editor or save the document after changing the text.

I also tried ‘documentStateChanged” but this gets called only for the very
first change of text after save.

Are there any signals that can be handled for each text change without
saving it ? My requirement is am trying to update the ASCII content in my
output pane whenever there is a change in the source editor.

Regards
Vidhya