[Qt-creator] [LSP] Use case of multiple active language servers per document

Alexis Murzeau amubtdx at gmail.com
Sat May 2 18:40:22 CEST 2020

Hi David,

I saw as you said on gerrit, that document activation and deactivation is used when opening / closing a document and switching the active client for a document using the editor's toolbar icon.

I think this would be easier if when switching the active language server, a didClose request is sent for the previously active language server and a didOpen for the now active one.
This would avoid the requirement of keeping a file state per client and possibly take advantage of what state TextEditor keeps itself already.

So I guess there is a good reason for this, and I'm wondering of the use case behind this functionality of having multiple active language servers for one source file ?

Thanks :)

--
Alexis Murzeau
PGP: B7E6 0EBB 9293 7B06 BDBC  2787 E7BD 1904 F480 937F