[Qt-creator] Trouble running/debugging with qtcreator-4.12

Marc Reilly marc.reilly at gmail.com
Tue May 5 11:56:02 CEST 2020

Hi Christian,

The "Add build library search path" option was already checked, but I also
noticed the "Run in terminal" option was also checked ... unchecking this
allowed the program to run.
So, I'm guessing that its something to do with launching the console (in
this case 'konsole') and the mix of the Qt libs from the system and from
QtC install.

If I create a new 'Run configuration', the "Run in terminal" option is
checked by default, but I'm ok with working around this for now ...

I'm not sure if this is really a QtC bug or some other system issue more
specific to me, so I haven't lodged a bug report as yet. Any other tips
welcome. (Is there a way to change which console QtC uses by default?)

Cheers
Marc