[Qt-creator] Issue compiling for Android, compiler not found

Murphy, Sean smurphy at walbro.com
Tue May 5 22:22:11 CEST 2020

I'm trying to build a Qt project for Android, and I seem to have something wrong with
my setup, but for the life of me I can't understand what else I need to do.

Here's what I think are the relevant details, but let me know if I'm missing something critical:
 - Qt Creator version 4.12.0

- JDK location:  C:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.8.0_241
       Qt Creator reports "Java Settings are OK."

 - Android SDK location: C:\Users\smurphy\AppData\Local\Android\sdk
 - Android NDK list:
       C:\Users\smurphy\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\ndk\21.0.6113669
       C:\Users\smurphy\AppData\Local\Android\sdk\ndk\21.1.6352462

Qt Creator reports that Android settings have errors, and the only item that
has the red 'X' next to it is the "All essential packages installed for all
installed Qt Versions", all other items in the Android section have the green check next
to them.

I think that the one failure is because I've got older versions of Qt installed
(5.9.6 and Qt 5.3.2), but I'm not 100% sure because then when I move over to look at the
Kits, these three auto-detected kits below all have the yellow warning icon next to them and
all claim that there is no compiler set on them.
- Three relevant auto-detected kits that all claim to be missing a compiler:
      Android for arm64-v8a (Clang Qt 5.12.7 for Android ARM64-v8a)
      Android for armeabi-v7a (Clang Qt 5.12.7 for Android ARMv7)
      Android for x86 (Clang Qt 5.12.7 for Android x86)

I feel like I've followed the direction here, https://doc.qt.io/qt-5/android-getting-started.html,
but I'm not able to build for Android.

Sean

This message has been scanned for malware by Forcepoint. www.forcepoint.com