[Qt-creator] 3 Compile issues (for projects) (4.12), 1 suggestion.

Jason H jhihn at gmx.com
Thu May 7 18:21:32 CEST 2020

1. I have noticed for some time now, that QtC is sometimes compiling a file that is not in the currently selected build configuration -or- it is related to the next issue
2. The compile output area shows the compile error s for the file that is currently visible. Well I should add that sometimes I have a split open so two files are visible.
3. I had an iteration of a file where there was a typo in a #define and QtC's checker just would just not let that error go after i corrected it.
Eventually I closed the file and re-opened it and the above it worked as it should.

Is anyone else experiencing this? This falls into one of those areas that occurs often enough to be frustrating but easy to fix. I don't know if there's any one else noticing this?

Suggestions:
It would be Really Cool if (tm):
1. QtCreator tied our QtCreator preferences to our Qt account and would install them to new installs - when QtC get re-installed or we get a new machine. It'd be a nice value-add since logins are now required.