[Qt-creator] 3 Compile issues (for projects) (4.12), 1 suggestion.

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Mon May 11 09:19:47 CEST 2020

> On May 7, 2020, at 18:21, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> 1. I have noticed for some time now, that QtC is sometimes compiling a file that is not in the currently selected build configuration -or- it is related to the next issue
> 2. The compile output area shows the compile error s for the file that is currently visible. Well I should add that sometimes I have a split open so two files are visible.

The Issues pane shows both “issues from the compilation” and “issues from the code model”.
Have a look at the filter drop down menu in the output pane’s tool bar for a list of issue categories.

So, the Issues pane shows code model issues from the currently visible file(s). You can turn that off by unchecking the category in the dropdown.

> 3. I had an iteration of a file where there was a typo in a #define and QtC's checker just would just not let that error go after i corrected it.
> Eventually I closed the file and re-opened it and the above it worked as it should.

What sometimes happens to me:
- I edit a file, do not realize that there is an error.
- I compile.
- The issues pane now contains two items for the same issue: One from the compilation error, one from the code model.
- If I fix the error in code, the code model issue goes away, the compile issue stays until I recompile.

Maybe something like that happens for you?

> Is anyone else experiencing this? This falls into one of those areas that occurs often enough to be frustrating but easy to fix. I don't know if there's any one else noticing this?
>
> Suggestions:
> It would be Really Cool if (tm):
> 1. QtCreator tied our QtCreator preferences to our Qt account and would install them to new installs - when QtC get re-installed or we get a new machine. It'd be a nice value-add since logins are now required.

Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH
Erich-Thilo-Straße 10