[Qt-creator] Adjusting Color of error messages

Alexey Rusakov ktirf at users.sf.net
Mon Sep 14 20:00:48 CEST 2020

On Mon, 14 Sep 2020 at 11:24, Christian Kandeler <christian.kandeler at qt.io>
wrote:

> On Fri, 11 Sep 2020 11:27:15 -0400
> Michael Jackson <mike.jackson at bluequartz.net> wrote:
>
> > Christian,
> >    Thanks for the help. Looks like setting those colors has an
> interaction with some sort of alpha blending? I'm unable to get "bright"
> colors. I tried just setting pure RED or pure GREEN but all are "muted"
> when actually viewing them on screen. I'll try to send some screen shots
> for what I mean. Does that make sense?
>
> No idea, I'm not very knowledgeable about the whole theming infrastructure.

Looking at Qt Creator code (
https://code.woboq.org/qt5/qt-creator/src/plugins/texteditor/textmark.cpp.html#_ZN10TextEditor16AnnotationColors19getAnnotationColorsERK6QColorS3_)
- there certainly is a bit of alpha-blending, with a good intention to fit
both light and dark backgrounds. The problem is that the background colour
used for alpha-blending is taken, apparently, from PaletteBase in the
mentioned theme file - and PaletteBase doesn't govern the background inside
the editor, the colour from the editor style does.
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-24644

--
  Alexey Rusakov