[Qt-creator] Clicking on Fortran issues in Issues tab does not open the file in editor

Goran Žauhar GZ at ticra.com
Sun Aug 22 21:06:48 CEST 2021

Hi there!

I have application written in Fortran and C++. CMake and ninja are used
for compiling. Fortran compiler is Intel Fortran (ifort).

I use QtCreator for development and I am very happy with the setup but
I have one annoying issue with QtCreator: ifort warnings/errors are
present in Issues tab but clicking on them does not open the file in
editor.

C++ issues in Issues tab work as expected - clicking on them does
indeed open the file in editor and the cursor is positioned in the line
with the error/warning.

I have experimented with Custom Output parsers but without any luck.

I have attached the screenshot of the Issues tab, Compiler Output tab
and Error dialog.

Can I somehow configure QtCreator to overcome this or is it issue with
how QtCreator parses compiler output?

Thank you,
/Goran