[Qt-creator] QtCreator 6 - Line SPacing

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Mon Dec 13 09:19:43 CET 2021

Hi,

you are most probably hitting this bug in Qt 6.2:

[QTBUG-97818] Huge line spacing when font is Monaco - Qt Bug Tracker
https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTBUG-97818

The only workaround is to choose a different font in Prefs > Text Editor > Fonts & Colors until a fixed version is released - it will be available in Qt 6.2.3 and then whatever Qt Creator version we will release based on that (my guess would be Qt Creator 6.0.2).

(I personally like the “SF Mono” font that is used by Xcode and Terminal. You can install that for wider use by opening the “Font Book” app, open /System/Applications/Utilities/Terminal.app/Contents/Resources/Fonts/ , and dragging all the font files there onto Font Book. Will be available in Qt Creator next time you open it.)

Br, Eike

> On 9 Dec 2021, at 07:47, Denis Shlykov <shlykov.di.gm at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> Hi!
>
> My QtCreator has been updated to version 6. I noticed that the line spacing has increased and there is no way I can get it back and tweak. How can I return the line spacing to the previous line spacing in a text editor?

Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer

The Qt Company GmbH
Erich-Thilo-Straße 10