[Qt-creator] (Windows) CDB failing in "setup engine"

Tim Iskander iskander at criticallink.com
Fri Jan 15 14:56:35 CET 2021

> exit code -1073741515 is the same as C0000135 Program can't start because
> XYZ is missing
> This usually happens when a required dll is missing. Can you just start
> your application via run?
>
> To find the missing dll you can either use dependency walker or open a cmd
> with the run environment from Project Settings > Run > Environment > Open
> Terminal and run your application an error message should popup telling you
> which dlls are missing.
>
> David
>
> I have experienced this more times than I care to remember... as David
says, DLL path or 64/32 bit mixups  (I've come a gutser using 32 bit
creator on 64 bit builds before too).
My question to the smarter-than-me folk is... Why is the debugger crashing
in this case... I can see the app not loading correctly, but you would
think the debugger would be a bit smarter/robust than to crash because the
inferior process crashed or failed to load.
Or... maybe I am mis-interpreting the error messages???
cheers
/Tim
--
Tim Iskander