[Qt-creator] Writing a Debugging Helper

Björn Schäpers qt-maillist at hazardy.de
Sun Jan 24 21:49:51 CET 2021

Hi,

I've tried to create a debugging helper, I've looked into
https://doc.qt.io/qtcreator/creator-debugging-helpers.html but I have a
problem.

I've basically:
def qdump__Std__Vector(d, value):
     d.putItem(value.members(True)[0])

this goes through two other helpers until it lands on std::vector. But
when I debug the helpers seem not to be used, although the file is
loaded (verified in the debugger log). But when I reload all the helpers
from the context menu of the log it is used.

Two side notes:
1. Before the reload a std::vector states its size and capacity in the
value, afterwards not anymore.
2. Directly calling qdump__std__vector(d, value) does not seem to work,
but shouldn't it? My Std::Vector is a fancy wrapper around a
std::vector, it has some additional base classes to add some methods,
but no additional data.

Do I do something wrong? Is this a bug, and I should file a report? I
can provide a full debugger log.

Kind regards,
Björn.