[Qt-creator] Qt Creator Build Environment Windows 10 SDK

Henry Skoglund henry at tungware.se
Thu Jun 10 09:36:00 CEST 2021

On 2021-06-09 09:48, Christian Bauer via Qt-creator wrote:

> Hey there!
>
> I have the following problem regarding Qt Creator on Windows 10:
>
> I installed Qt MSVC 2019 64bit and Visual Studio 2019 Community on 2
> machines (PC and Laptop).
>
> I can compile and run simple test projects on PC, but not on Laptop
> where I get include errors.
>
> So I checked my projects build environment for both machines (INCLUDE
> variable).
>
> PC:
>
> Inline-Bild
>
> Laptop:
>
> Inline-Bild
>
> I can now add those paths manually in project settings but I'd rather
> have them load automatically. Any ideas on how to get that running?
>
> (I tried reinstalling Qt and Visual Studio twice already)

Hi, I think Qt is innocent here, it sounds like some settings snafu in
your Visual Studio installation on your laptop.
If you create a C++ project in Visual Studio on both machines, and then
open the Property Pages for that project and look at the VC++
Directories, Include Directories settings, are they different? Normally
it should be "(VC_IncludePath);$(WindowsSDK_IncludePath);"

Also make sure you've upgraded to version 16.10.1 maybe you've been
bitten by
https://developercommunity.visualstudio.com/t/Compile-errors-for-external-headers/1433124#T-N1439697