[Qt-creator] HowTo get rid of QNetworkConfigurationManager-is-deprecated-warnings

ekke ekke at ekkes-corner.org
Wed Jun 16 19:09:05 CEST 2021

In most of my apps I’m using QNCM and also checking
networkAccessibility.Both isn’t available in Qt 6, so I’m getting
is-deprecated-warnings.

 From QTBUG-58946 I know that there will be a new class
QNetworkInformation in Qt 6, giving me the needed informations, so
finally all is good and even better as in Qt 5.

My problem now in Qt 5.15.4 are all these deprecated warnings – can be
around 200 warnings in a project. Is there a way to get rid of these
warnings in my builds for Android, iOS, macOS, W10 ?

Of course I would like to get all other deprecation warnings to fix
them, but for QNCM and network accessibility there is no way to fix them
because the new QNetworkInformation class doesn’t exist in 5.15.

Found https://www.kdab.com/un-deprecate-qt-project/
<https://www.kdab.com/un-deprecate-qt-project/>

It seems we have many ways to deprecate, but not to undeprecate a
specific one ? I’m looking for something similar to Q_UNUSED() to get
rid of a -Wunused-parameter warning

Any ideas ?

thx

ekke