[Qt-creator] Turn off "suggest-override" clang-tidy warning?

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Mon May 10 08:58:14 CEST 2021

> On May 7, 2021, at 23:26, Andy <asmaloney at gmail.com> wrote:
>
> How do I turn off the "suggest-override" tidy warning? The tooltip for it points at a non-existent clang-tidy page:
>
>   https://releases.llvm.org/11.0.0/tools/clang/tools/extra/docs/clang-tidy/checks/suggest-override.html
>
> It is triggered by every use of Q_OBJECT.

Do you have a bit more information?
Are you using an old Qt version? I remember Q_OBJECT triggering override related compilation warnings once upon a time.
Does it go away if you remove all clang-tidy and clazy checks?
I wonder if this isn’t actually a compiler warning from clang (the clang code model, -Wsuggest-override). Does adding -Wno-suggest-override to the _clang warnings_ help?
Though I wonder how Qt Creator comes up with that URL above.

Br, Eike

> The only clang-tidy option I can find relating to overrides is called "modernize-use-override" which I have turned off.
>
>   https://releases.llvm.org/11.0.0/tools/clang/tools/extra/docs/clang-tidy/checks/modernize-use-override.html
>
> Using the clang-tidy included with Qt Creator 4.15
> macOS 10.14.6
>
> ---
> Andy Maloney  //  https://asmaloney.com
> twitter ~ @asmaloney