[Qt-creator] Capture Application Output via Plugin

Daniel Engelke dan at dew1.net
Thu May 6 16:23:26 CEST 2021

Hi Christian,

Thanks, I want to process the application output (find errors during
runtime, stats, etc.).

The "from" is an external plugin implementing ExtensionSystem::IPlugin.

The following test code seems to work. However, it's not as straightforward
as I had hoped.

connect(ProjectExplorer::ProjectExplorerPlugin::instance(),
&ProjectExplorer::ProjectExplorerPlugin::runActionsUpdated, this, [this] {
    for (const auto runActions =
ProjectExplorer::ProjectExplorerPlugin::allRunControls(); auto *runControl :
runActions)
    {
        if (runControl != nullptr && !m_runControls.contains(runControl))
        {
            m_runControls.insert(runControl);

            connect(runControl, &ProjectExplorer::RunControl::destroyed,
this, [this, runControl] { m_runControls.remove(runControl); });
            connect(runControl,
                    &ProjectExplorer::RunControl::appendMessage,
                    m_outputPane,
                    &TestPlugin::Internal::OutputPane::appendMessage);
        }
    }
});

I was hoping for a signal like runActionAdded and runActionRemoved, instead
of runActionsUpdated, which requires me to check what and where a change has
occurred.

Dan