[Qt-creator] Debugging app using Camera on MacOS?

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Mon May 17 18:50:39 CEST 2021

> On May 17, 2021, at 16:27, Jason H <jhihn at gmx.com> wrote:
>
> Here is the question (asked by someone else) (Note this is specific to *debugging* the app.)
> https://stackoverflow.com/questions/60459036/how-do-i-debug-an-app-on-the-mac-that-accesses-the-camera
> with no good resolution.
>
> It seems the way QtC is launching the debugger is running afoul of the NSCameraUsageDescription. Has anyone else figured out a way around this?
> I'm wondering if the Info.plist needs to be applied to LLDB somehow?

I don’t quite understand if this is a Qt Creator specific issue or not.

If the issue is that Qt Creator starts lldb, and lldb starts the app, maybe running the app without debugging and then Debug > Start debugging > Attach to running application helps.

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer