[Qt-creator] [SPAM] Re: [SPAM] No clang code model support with esp-idf cmake framework

Cristian Adam cristian.adam at qt.io
Mon May 31 16:58:38 CEST 2021

On 31/05/2021 16:24, Daniel Brunner wrote:
 > I haven't seen any source file where autocompletion works. The
verbose console output is always similar or the same.

 > I also tried running clang-tidy and clazy from the debugging tab and
it seems clang doesn't like some gcc compiler arguments for the
microcontroller.

 > I get a lot of error output in QtCreators output tab:
 > http://0x0.st/-2xF.txt
 >
 > Should I try to remove those unsupported arguments somehow before
clang gets to process them?
 > I guess that involves somehow wrapping clang binaries in shell
scripts which strip them away?
 > I don't really know how QtCreator launches clang and if wrapping is
an option.

 > Thanks and best regards

You can set the environment variable QTC_CLANG_CMD_OPTIONS_BLACKLIST
with the values (semicolon separated) that clang doesn't recognize.

You could test from command line with the "arguments to libclang" that
you got from Qt Creator, with the clang binary shipped with Qt Creator.

See https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-22452 for a similar case.

Cheers,
Cristian.