[Qt-creator] Clang Completion & Format

Björn Schäpers qt-maillist at hazardy.de
Mon Oct 25 10:43:31 CEST 2021

Hi,

I'm using a self compiled LLVM (recent main with the format patch) and QtCreator
(d7c7089ff3ff2877fe89ac09cc2afa9a3da041c0).

I'm not using clangd, but "plain" Clang Code Model and the Clang Format Plugin.

I've noticed that completion and highlighting is slower than it was in the
latest 4.x version.

But the most annoying thing right now is that my code is not formatted anymore
while typing. Before the last modified lines were formatted when I entered a ;
or }, but now (with the same config) I have manually to start the formatting and
I have to select all the lines I want to format.

Do I have to change my configuration? Do I have to switch to clangd? My
understanding is that that's not complete yet.

Currently I sady have not the time to look into the sources to fix it myself.

Kind regards,
Björn.