[Qt-creator] Dev: Precheck button now also checks Qt 5 build

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Mon Apr 4 13:12:40 CEST 2022

The “precheck” button in Gerrit can (and should) be used (afair by Approvers) to schedule a build on COIN to verify that the patch builds successfully.

So far that was building Qt Creator on all platforms with Qt 6.
Since we still support building Qt Creator with Qt 5, and have seen a few breakages in the past (e.g. for overloaded signals), I’ve added one job that builds it with Qt 5.15.2 on Linux.

So, if you get a build failure and wonder why, it might be because of Qt 5.
The new job builds on "Linux RHEL_8_4 (gcc-x86_64)” and has “Qt5” mentioned in its "Coin Features”.

An example is here (precheck on a merge commit):
https://testresults.qt.io/coin/integration/qt-creator/qt-creator/tasks/1649065843
You can see the job details after expanding the “Build” section.

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer