[Qt-creator] Using own git server (https self signed)

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Thu Aug 18 10:59:57 CEST 2022

Hi, a late answer:

I don’t think that you configure additional parameters for the git command(s) that Qt Creator uses,
but since -c just (temporarily) sets a git configuration, you could configure that in either your project’s
.git/config with "git config http.sslVerify false", or your user's ~/.git/config with "git config --global http.sslVerify false"

Br, Eike

> Am 25/07/2022 um 23:17 schrieb Petric Frank <pfrank at gmx.de>:
>
> Hello,
>
> Am Montag, 25. Juli 2022, 13:30:24 CEST schrieb Orgad Shaneh:

>>> This undermines whole point of using HTTPS (besides buzzword
>>> compatibility).
>>> Use http.sslCAInfo to verify server certificate, or use different protocol
>>> like ssh or plain http.
>>
>> This is a server in an internal network, so MITM is very unlikely.
>>
>> I did not suggest to configure it globally, but only for this repository.
>
> The option
> -c http.sslVerify=false
>
> passed to the git command seems to disable the check.
>
> But how to configure that in qtcreator ?
>
> regards
>  Petric

Eike Ziller
Principal Software Engineer