[Qt-creator] Updating requirements for building Qt Creator 7+ (master branch)

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Fri Jan 14 13:44:37 CET 2022

# Bumping the required Qt version for building Qt Creator from Qt 5.14 to Qt 5.15.2.

Qt 5.15.2 contains API that eases the transition to Qt 6. So far we added workarounds for Qt 5.14, that we could remove, and we then also don’t need to add more of them in new code.

Regarding Linux distributions, Ubuntu 21 and Debian 11 seem to have Qt 5.15.2, and others too (https://pkgs.org/search/?q=qtbase)

Bump requirement to Qt 5.15.2 (I920fdccc) · Gerrit Code Review
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt-creator/qt-creator/+/390103

# Removing qmake as a build system for building Qt Creator itself

The CMake port is “done”, and official packages are built with CMake. The qmake build is basically untested, and maintaining it in addition is a burden. We also had a nice transitioning period of more than a year (Qt Creator 4.14 being the first version that was released based on the CMake build).

Remove qmake build files (I846c6ef6) · Gerrit Code Review
https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt-creator/qt-creator/+/390104

Br, Eike

--
Eike Ziller