[Qt-creator] Plans to support WSL development

Henry Skoglund henry at tungware.se
Sun Jan 16 21:39:40 CET 2022

On 2022-01-15 14:32, Carel Combrink wrote:
> Dear Qt Creator developers,
>
> Are there any plans (short, medium or long term) to add/improve
> support for developing Linux apps in WSL?
>
> I am thinking about something in line with what VSCode offers, where
> Qt Creator runs on the Windows side but works with the compilers and
> files in the Unix subsystem?
>
> I am currently using VSCode for this setup but would love to be able
> to use Qt Creator instead.
>
> Regards,
> Carel

Hi, since WSL has problems running any Qt program:
https://github.com/microsoft/WSL/issues/3023 also see
https://forum.qt.io/topic/132610/qtcreator-6-0-can-t-start/53
I think prio #1 should be getting libQt6Core.so.6 working in WSL.
(Old post so it's about Qt5, but it applies equally well to Qt6. Note:
online installing Qt 5.15.2 runs fine on WSL, but for example WSL Ubuntu
20.04 distro's Qt (5.9.x I think) does not)