[Qt-creator] Plans to support WSL development

Henry Skoglund henry at tungware.se
Mon Jan 17 07:01:20 CET 2022

On 2022-01-17 06:43, Maurice Kalinowski wrote:
>>> I am currently using VSCode for this setup but would love to be able
>>> to use Qt Creator instead.
>>>
>>> Regards,
>>> Carel
>> Hi, since WSL has problems running any Qt program:
>> https://github.com/microsoft/WSL/issues/3023 also see
>> https://forum.qt.io/topic/132610/qtcreator-6-0-can-t-start/53
>> I think prio #1 should be getting libQt6Core.so.6 working in WSL.
>> (Old post so it's about Qt5, but it applies equally well to Qt6. Note:
>> online installing Qt 5.15.2 runs fine on WSL, but for example WSL Ubuntu
>> 20.04 distro's Qt (5.9.x I think) does not)
>>
> This is also a WSL-1 problem, which has been resolved in WSL-2 and has always been a WSL issue as also other libraries suffered from this bug.
>
> BR,
> Maurice

Thanks for the clarification, I suspect this deficiency is one more
reason why Microsoft wants everyone to migrate to WSL-2 (even though is
supposedly sloooower than WSL-1).
Anyway the fix is very simple, just issue that *strip* command. If
anyone googles it hopefully they'll find the forum post. /Rgrds Henry