[Qt-creator] Plans to support WSL development

xiaofeng wasphin at gmail.com
Mon Jan 17 23:55:02 CET 2022

Carel Combrink <carel.combrink at gmail.com> 于 2022年1月17日周一 14:15写道:

> Hi,
>
> Thank you for the inputs.

As WSL will support GUI applications, this should also be a problem of WSL,
no need to wait it to be fixed to support new features.

> I am not familiar with the issue nor the problems.
>
> In my use case I don't develop Qt applications, I am asking from the IDE's
> perspective. I use Qt Creator as my IDE for all of my C++ development and
> the current work/projects are bare C++ console applications.

It will be really great to support remote environment as an IDE. I use
QtCreator for more than 8 years, I use QtCreator for almost everything if
possible.

> Developing using VSCode works without any issue, I would just like to move
> back to Qt Creator even for this use case.
>

> Regards,
> Carel

Regards,
Xiaofeng