[Qt-creator] clangtools cpu load

Björn Schäpers qt-maillist at hazardy.de
Fri Jul 8 22:21:43 CEST 2022

Hi there,

I'm witnessing a crippling cpu load from the clangtools plugin through
clang-tidy. I'm using a quite recent LLVM and qt-creator from this morning
(CEST) on Windows.

It seems the clang-tidy.exe analyzes the source files and afterwards starts a
child process llvm-tokenizer.exe, and there is the problem. When the Creator
kills the clang-tidy process, the llvm-tokenizer continues to live and use one
core at 100%.

So these processes accumulate while editing and very soon the whole system is
quite unusable until the llvm-tokenizers are done with their work.

Has anyone experience with that, or a way to handle the problem? As far as I can
see QProcess has no way of terminating the child processes.

Kind regards,
Björn.