[Qt-creator] The state of the clang-format plugin

Björn Schäpers qt-maillist at hazardy.de
Sat Jun 25 10:58:41 CEST 2022

Hi there,

in the days of yore you had 3 check marks for clang-format (still visible here
https://doc.qt.io/qtcreator/images/qtcreator-code-style-clang-format.png).
* Format instead of indenting
* Format while typing
* Format edited code on file save

Nowadays the UI is gone, and at least option 2 is gone
(https://codereview.qt-project.org/c/qt-creator/qt-creator/+/411513) I asked on
why, but no answer yet. There was no reason or justification given, it was just
removed. And it seems it formats now on saving, something I don't want, I can't
turn it off anymore.

If I look into the changelog the only thing there is:
* clang-format
     * Simplified options dialog

So I ask at least for some reasons or arguments why the functionality was
removed, but better to restore the options. I don't want to maintain a fork.

King regards,
Björn.