[Qt-creator] Closing pinned files

David Schulz David.Schulz at qt.io
Tue Oct 25 07:07:17 CEST 2022

Hi,

+2 for the general Idea that those files should not be closed by a shortcut.

What do you think about replacing the closing button in a pinned editor toolbar with an unpin button.
In this case you could briefly highlight this button when the closing shortcut is pressed to inform the user that the action was not executed.
Another benefits would be that you have to press the button twice to close the File with the mouse(first unpin than close),
and we would have a visual representation of that information when the open documents pane is not visible.

Greetings,
David