[Qt-creator] Poll: Contents / styling of editor toolbars

A. Pönitz apoenitz at t-online.de
Tue Apr 4 19:40:51 CEST 2023

On Tue, Apr 04, 2023 at 07:05:02PM +0200, Friedemann Kleint via Qt-creator wrote:
> Hi,
>
> files in tabs, please...

[Act 3, Scene 1? ;-}]

There's THE LOCATOR, and besides this (1) "Open documents" and (2) no
known (to me...) application that handles "a few hundred open tabs"
graciously.

Looking at my current Firefox instance next to the editor here I see 27
(yes, I counted) tabs with some icons, and between zero ("pinned") to
four-and-fading characters each hinting at the contents, none actually
being clear on what it is. Yes, I know the "pinned" ones by heart,
but...

The only (for me) usable navigation feature to switch tabs is the " v "
'bevel' at the very right, giving me the current ~240 entry list to
select from. Besides this is "just open it again".

At that stage, the "normal" tab bar is just wasted space, I can start
with the drop-down list. The equivalent to that in Creator is "Open
Documents". And /actually/ I do not even want to browse such a list, I
want to go to a file defining class "Foo" or function "bar", no matter
what it is called, and ... that's THE LOCATOR ;-)

Andre'

PS: Wish is still recorded and under consideration...