[Qt-creator] Any plans to support python debugging?

André Hartmann aha_1980 at gmx.de
Mon Jan 30 14:47:33 CET 2023

Hi Christian,

indeed it works. One requirement seems to be a .pyproject file [1],
containing your Python file. Then you get a debug and a run button.

Very nice!

My breakpoint was ignored first and the app stopped at the first line,
but I then could run until the breakpoint. I could inspect the
variables, step over instructions. Just what you expect from a debugger.

Awesome!

Now my question: Is this an official feature? I.e. can I create
bugreports when I discover small bugs? Also, there does not seem to be
much documentation, I guess few people working with that feature therefore?

Thanks for that wonderful IDE. I cannot imagine working with something else.

Regards,
André

[1] I've created an Empty Qt for Python Application as there was no
"Python without Qt" app template, but that instantly worked when I
replaced the main.py with my simple Python code.