[Qt-creator] New user Creator problem

Walter Humphrey wrhumph at icloud.com
Sat Sep 2 23:43:22 CEST 2023

I just installed the the Qt apps and created a new project in Qt Creator.  I selected Application (Qt for Python), Qt Quick Application, PySide6 ,Python 3.11 (64 bit), and checked the "Create new virtual environment" box.  I added a text box in the empty window and clicked the Run button.   This generated an error:     ModuleNotFoundError: No module named 'PySide6' I went into the project directory, activated venv, and installed PySide6 and it ran ok.  So my first question is, why isn't venv being set up correctly?Next I installed the QtQuick controls and dropped a Dial widget onto my window.  The dial was not rendered and there is a yellow triangle next to it in the Navigator.  Hovering on that brings up a message that the plugin dll uses an incompatible version of the Qt library (6.5.0).How can I fix this error so that I can create a functioning qml file that uses QtQuick widgets?Thanks in advance for your help.--
Pete Humphrey