[Qt-creator] Need help building my plugin in GitHub

Carel Combrink carel.combrink at gmail.com
Thu Apr 4 21:05:28 CEST 2024

Hi,

I am trying to make a new release for my SpellChecker Plugin
<https://github.com/CJCombrink/SpellChecker-Plugin> for the new Qt Creator
13 release.

In the past my github action would download the Qt Creator and the _dev
packages from the Qt Mirrors (example for Windows: Index of
/official_releases/qtcreator/13.0/13.0.0/installer_source/windows_x64
<https://download.qt.io/official_releases/qtcreator/13.0/13.0.0/installer_source/windows_x64/>
)

Doing this allows me to skip manually rebuilding Qt Creator, I can just
build my plugin.

The issue now is my plugin includes
qt-creator\src\plugins\texteditor\syntaxhighlighter.h
<https://github.com/qt-creator/qt-creator/blob/v13.0.0/src/plugins/texteditor/syntaxhighlighter.h>
which includes #include <KSyntaxHighlighting/Definition>
<https://github.com/qt-creator/qt-creator/blob/v13.0.0/src/plugins/texteditor/syntaxhighlighter.h#L11>
but this header is not contained in the '_dev' package/archive.(PS: I only
see 'state' and not 'Definitions')

What is the best way to proceed to build my plugin?

Regards
Carel