[Qt-creator] Raising the minimum required Qt version for building Qt Creator 14+ to Qt 6.4(.3)

Eike Ziller Eike.Ziller at qt.io
Tue Feb 20 14:03:09 CET 2024

> Am 20.02.2024 um 11:54 schrieb Mike Trahearn <mtrahearn at topcon.com>:
>
> Could you please qualify why not Qt 6.5 LTS at this time? We are not that far away from the next LTS.

I just answered on the similar question on gerrit:

The absolute minimum requirement is "2 stable versions including at least 1 LTS release".
That could be Qt 6.5 (LTS) and Qt 6.6, but since Qt 6.5.0-.3 had various issues, adding another one before that (Qt 6.4.3 which has "proven itself" in Qt 10 & 11) seems reasonable.

Br, Eike

eike.ziller at qt.io
https://qt.io