[Qt-creator] Locals not showing up when debugging

Sean Murphy Sean.M.Murphy at us.kbr.com
Mon Jun 10 15:08:55 CEST 2024

Periodically, I'll have an issue where while debugging, once I hit a breakpoint, no variables show up in the Locals pane. Stepping, continuing etc. still work where the yellow arrow will move around through the code being debugged appropriately, but I just can't look at any variables' value. Hovering over a variable behaves the same way - no value is displayed.

Most of the time, closing Qt Creator and relaunching will "fix" the issue for a while, but then during what I would consider a normal cycle of debugging it will suddenly stop working again. I'm not changing any Qt Creator settings, between when it works and when it doesn't, just the normal start the debugger, find an issue, fix the issue, recompile and start debugging again, and repeat the process.

Any thoughts on what is happening and how I can prevent it?

Qt Creator 13.0.0
Windows 10
MSVC 2019 64 bit, using CDB

Sean
This e-mail, including any attached files, may contain confidential information, privileged information and/or trade secrets for the sole use of the intended recipient. Any review, use, distribution, or disclosure by others is strictly prohibited. If you are not the intended recipient (or authorized to receive information for the intended recipient), please contact the sender by reply e-mail and delete all copies of this message.