[Qt-creator] Stepping down as maintainer

Robert Löhning robert.loehning at qt.io
Fri Jun 14 20:48:43 CEST 2024

Am 14.06.24 um 18:36 schrieb apoenitz:
> On Fri, Jun 14, 2024 at 03:31:00PM +0300, Orgad Shaneh wrote:
>>     Hi,
>>     I've been using Qt Creator since its first version and began
>>     contributing to it in 2011 (with Gitorious :p). When I joined
>>     AudioCodes, I introduced Qt Creator there, and for many years, most of
>>     the C++ developers in my team have been using it daily.
>>     Over the years, I've made numerous contributions to the project,
>>     reporting 952 bugs and submitting 3,370 commits to Qt Creator. However,
>>     in recent years, I've been working on a different project which isn't
>>     written in C++. As a result, I use Qt Creator less frequently and have
>>     much less time to maintain it.
>>     I still use and love Qt Creator, and it remains my first choice for
>>     C++, but I can no longer continue maintaining it. I propose André
>>     Hartmann or Jarek Kobus as my successors.
>>     I'll likely stay around and be available for reviews ;)
>>     Thank you all for this great product!
>>     - Orgad
>
> Hi Orgad.
>
> This is sad news, for the project, and for me personally.
>
> To the impressive track record I'd like to add marvellous response times
> in code reviews and Jira that made working with you a real pleasure.
>
> Thank you for your work and all the best,
> Andre'

Hi Orgad,

sad news, indeed. Although, AFAIK, nobody from The Qt Company's Creator
team ever met you in person, I guess I'm not the only one who has always
felt like you are one of the team, one of us. Thank you very much for
your persistence and reliability. Thank _you_ for this great product!

Cheers,
Robert