[Qt-creator] [Development] Nominating André Hartmann as new Maintainer of VCS support in Qt Creator

André Hartmann aha_1980 at gmx.de
Wed Jun 26 20:48:24 CEST 2024

Hi all,

Thank you very much for your trust. You really make me feel like I'm
part of the team.

And Orgad, thank you very much for many years of actively bringing
Creator forward. As I said privately before, you leave big footsteps
behind you. I really hope you stay around for reviews and a helping hand
whenever I need it.

About me: I'm a Creator user since version 1.2 (that was probably Qt 4.6
times). I wrote my first bugreport almost exactly 14 years ago, and
finally joined Gerrit in late 2011. I still use Creator on a daily
basis, but mostly for embedded C development, and Qt on second place.

If anyone wants to help bringing the VCS support in Creator forward:
I have a wishlist in Jira [1] and it would be nice to have more closed
tasks there.

And if you have any suggestions: feel free to contact me directly or
just add a task in Jira. I can't promise quick solutions, but I will
look at all of them.

Best regards,
André

[1] https://bugreports.qt.io/browse/QTCREATORBUG-19721

Am 26.06.24 um 13:45 schrieb Christian Kandeler via Development:
> On 6/19/24 10:24 AM, Eike Ziller via Qt-creator wrote:
>> Resent, to fix the cc to the Development mailing list.
>>
>>> Am 19.06.2024 um 10:17 schrieb Eike Ziller via Qt-creator
>>> <qt-creator at qt-project.org>:
>>>
>>> Hi,
>>>
>>> I nominate André Hartmann as the new maintainer of Version Control in
>>> Qt Creator. His contribution history in Qt Creator goes back to 2011
>>> as well, and he regularly worked on improving our version control
>>> support (as well as contributing to Qt and maintaining
>>> qtserialbus/CANBus).