[Qt-interest] DESTDIR for debug_and_release on Debian Linux

Michael Karcher qt-interest at mkarcher.dialup.fu-berlin.de
Mon Jun 1 02:00:35 CEST 2009

Hello,

while on MinGW a project using the app template generates the debug
executable in debug and the release executable in the root directory,
doing the same on Debian Linux ist creating both executables in the
project directory - so one overwrites the other. To get the same
behaviour on Linux and Windows, I currently use:

build_pass:CONFIG(debug,debug|release):DESTDIR=debug

so the debug directory gets always used as output. Is there a more
canonical way to unify the behaviour across plaforms?

A similar issue arises for the lib template, by the way.

As a side node: Qt Creator seems to expect that behaviour too. I can't
execute the debug mode executable on Linux if I move it to the debug
directory as described abovce, because it searches in the main source
directory.

Regards,
  Michael Karcher