[Qt-interest] Deploying apps in MacOS

Mike Jackson imikejackson at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 16:19:11 CEST 2009

On 2009-06-01 10:09:08 -0400, Karol Krizka <kkrizka at gmail.com> said:

> I use CMake in my Qt project that I'm also running on Mac OS X, and I
> keep having trouble trying to get the final result be a bundle instead
> of just a simple executable. After reading some of the documentation,
> it seems to me that it is still just work in progress? But other than
> that, I agree. CPack is very good at creating all kinds of installer
> packages (NSIS, RPM, DEB...).

This should probably be taken over to the cmake mailing list BUT when
you "add_executable" are you setting the [WIN32] [MACOSX_BUNDLE] key
words?  Usually you have some code like the following:

# Set the GUI type for different platforms
SET(GUI_TYPE )

# Set some Win32 Specific Settings
IF(WIN32)
 SET(GUI_TYPE WIN32)
ENDIF(WIN32)

# Set some Apple MacOS Specific settings
IF (APPLE)
  SET(GUI_TYPE MACOSX_BUNDLE)
ENDIF (APPLE)

add_executable(MyQtProgram ${GUI_TYPE} ${Sources})
target_link_libraries(MyQtProgram .... )

If you do NOT do something like this then you will NOT get the .app
package on OS X.

Mike Jackson