[Qt-interest] Regarding DLLs and plugins, QPluginLoader and QLibrary class

Patric userqt at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 22:17:13 CEST 2009

Hi all,
I have two simple questions here.
I'm reading the documentation of QPluginLoader http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qpluginloader.html#details, and I was wondering what does this means :

QPluginLoader provides direct access to a root component object (instance()), instead of forcing you to resolve a C function manually.

And another question, while I was looking at QLibrary documentation http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qlibrary.html#load, more specifically http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/qlibrary.html#resolve,
what do they mean by saying "symbol" ?

and resolve() to resolve a symbol in the library

I don't have experience with shared objects and maybe thats the reason I can't get it. I searched the net for a definition but I couldn't found a clear one.

Regards,
Patric

__________ Information from ESET NOD32 Antivirus, version of virus signature database 4098 (20090522) __________

http://www.eset.com