[Qt-interest] Widget promotion feature

Paul Dixon lordelph at gmail.com
Mon Jun 1 22:18:29 CEST 2009

> I have created a widget with QT Designer and promoted it in my Main Window.
> And it's there when I run the program. :)
> But unfortunately, there is no visualization of my widget contents in Main
> Window, when I'm just looking at it from the Designer.
>
> I hope you understood what I meaned here...

yes - promotion is just a quick way to get your widget into a layout,
but Qt Designer just treats it like whatever base class you selected.

If you want your custom widget to behave like the Qt supplies ones in
Qt Designer, you have to do more work - see
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.5/designer-creating-custom-widgets.html