[Qt-interest] Specifying the /MACHINE:XXX flag

Bob Hood bhood2 at comcast.net
Mon Jun 1 23:10:07 CEST 2009

I just added a Resource File to my compile (based upon the instructions
for adding an application icon:
http://doc.trolltech.com/4.0/appicon.html), and now I'm getting the
error "module machine type 'x64' conflicts with target machine type
'X86'" error message when trying to link from within the Visual Studio
2008 IDE.  If I remove the Resource File, the error goes away (and so
does the application icon).  Setting the /MACHINE:X64 (or /MACHINE:X86)
flag in the Visual Studio Project settings solves the problem in the IDE
build.  How do I specify this in the Qmake *.pro file in order to get
the Visual Studio projects files to pick it up in the linker settings
when I generate the project files (i.e., 'qmake -spec win32-msvc2008 -tp
vc ...')?

Thanks in advance.