[Qt-interest] drawing polyline with QPainterPath

Jan janusius at gmx.net
Tue Jun 2 09:56:43 CEST 2009

Hi,

I have subclassed QGraphicsPathItem to draw a polyline in my
graphicsview. This is the code:

	QPainterPath path;

	path.addPolygon(m_line); //m_line is a non closed polygon
	path.connectPath(path.toReversed());
	setPath(path);

in paint() function:

	painter->drawPolyline(m_line);

The problem is, that it is always treated as an area i.e. last and first
point are connected which is visible when I hover the area with the
cursor. My "workaround" was this :

	path.connectPath(path.toReversed());

I add the same polyline in a reversed order and don't use
painter->drawPath(path()) in the paint function.

How can I draw a polyline with QPainterPath that is not connected
(first, last point) and therefore has no area without this "reversed" thing?

Bye
Jan