[Qt-interest] opening pdf documents in QWebView

Sean Harmer sean.harmer at maps-technology.com
Tue Jun 2 11:36:22 CEST 2009

Hi,

On Tuesday 02 Jun 2009 09:41:29 Sarvesh Saran wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am implementing a simple web browser using QWebView. My home page has
> links to several pdf documents which simply won't open in QWebView . Any
> clues? Do I need to install a separate library or something?
Why you expect an HTML rendering component to render PDF documents? You either
need to launch an external app to handle them or perhaps make use of the
poppler library and its qt bindings to display the pd fin your own app. I seem
to remember a Qt quarterly article on this not so long ago so perhaps take a
look there.

Cheers,

Sean