[Qt-interest] setSizePolicy has no effect in subclass of QDialog

Stephen Collyer scollyer at netspinner.co.uk
Tue Jun 2 14:37:37 CEST 2009

2009/6/2 Farid Derradji <farid.derradji at itwm.fraunhofer.de>

> As far as I have understood, the following configurations apply:
>  * An instance of QDialog (or of a derived subclass) has been
>   modified with a different size policy
>  * the same instance has an internal layout.
>
> If this is correct, then both settings are completely independent of
> each other. This is so, because the size policy is only important for
> any layout in which the dialog itself is arranged.

I don't understand what you mean by the final sentence above.
Could you expand on this ?

I've found a way to achieve what I want in designer: if you click
on the form background, there is a context menu "Size constraints"
from which you can set min/max height/width. If you reduce the design
form to its maximum desired height, and set "Size Constraints"->
"Set Maximum Height", then the dialog cannot be resized vertically.

--
Stephen Collyer