[Qt-interest] Cross compilation of QT embedded on ARM

Anil H dspinside at gmail.com
Tue Jun 2 16:34:57 CEST 2009

Hi ,

Thanks for the info.
I was able to build the QT library and examples on arm using -platform
option.

./configure  *-platform qws/linux-x86-g++* *-xplatform
qws/linux-arm-g++*--prefix=/home/anil/qt_4_5_1/qt_install/ --static
--shared  -qt-gif
-qt-libpng -qt-libjpeg -qt-freetype -little-endian -release -no-qt3support
-no-libtiff -no-libmng -no-nis  -no-cups  -no-iconv -no-pch -no-dbus
-no-separate-debug-info -no-mmx -no-3dnow -no-sse -no-sse2 -armfpa
-no-xmlpatterns -no-phonon -no-svg -no-webkit

When I tried to run the example applications like analog clock on arm, It
executed successfully. But most of the example applications like Image
viewer gave alignment traps while execution when I moved the mouse on menu
list which contained "File" "View" and "Help".

./imageviewer -qws
Cannot open keyboard: No such file or directory
Alignment trap: imageviewer (1236) PC=0x40317d60 Instr=0xe1dc50b1
Address=0x0012
eab1 FSR 0x013
Bus error

Why does the alignment trap occur when i move mouse over the menu ?
How to avoid it ?

Thanks and regards
Anil