[Qt-interest] Overwriting public slots and qobject_cast

Álvaro Morais alvarommorais at gmail.com
Wed Jun 3 18:39:27 CEST 2009

Hi.

I want to make a custom progressBar that changes color with
percentage. For example 25% will give a highlight red, 50% Yellow,
etc...

It will also automatically give the password entropy of a QString, so
the setValue SLOT will become private, since there is no need to
change it from outside.

I'm using the promote to custom widget on the QtDesigner.

My question is: What is the best way of overwriting the public slots?

is it safe to do this:

class PasswordQuality : public QProgressBar
{
private slots:
    virtual void setValue ( int value ) {
	qobject_cast<QProgressBar*>(this)->setValue(value);

	... //code to change the palette.
	}
};

Am I using qobjet_cast the right way?

Thanks in advance.

--
Neither Emacs or Vi are my primary editors...
..and I'm not ashamed!!!